These are notes I took while watch the “Day with Jay Maisel” course at kelbytraining.com:
- Find a stage and the players will come
- Have everything ready to take a shot. Leave the camera one, remove the lens cap, continuous shooting with bracketing, one lens, no bag
- It’s not about covering ground, it’s about having something happen in front of you. And it’s not going to happen in front of you if you are running around.
- You have to learn to anticipate the event
- You gotta be open to whats gonna happen
- If someone is doing something interesting, odds are they are not going to notice you. If it’s interesting and worth shooting, it’s easier than if someone is just standing there
- Be aware of what makes people interesting
- Look for people who are twisted or off balance for interest
My Notes postings are intended as a supplement to the video not a substitute. If you are at all interested in this subject I highly recommend you purchase a monthly or yearly subscription at kelbytraining.com. Scott has produced an amazing video library with many great photographers on a wide range of subjects and your subscription gives you unlimited access to them all.