Hello. You have stumbled upon (or been directed to) the blog I will be using to record my activities for the next 365 days.
- Quit my tech job and spend a year learning photography with the ultimate goal of deciding if I can make a career in the field.
- Experiment with various internet tools (WordPress, Facebook, & Twitter to start) to see if I have a “voice”. I fully expect which tools and how (and how much) I use them to change as the year progresses.
Progress to Date:
- Friday, April 8th was my last day with my previous employer, Voxify. We had an amicable parting with the door left open for some future contracting work.
- I have met with two local photographers, Teresa Halton & Philippe Lee, to discuss an unpaid assistant position. Both were quite positive meetings which I hope will bear fruit in the near future.
- I have been running a meetup group entitled San Mateo – Just Get Out and Shoot. To date we have 73 members and have had 2 meetups at local locations.